No wine, vodka, whiskey-none of my favorite things. I’ve done it before, I wrote about it, but this time seems harder for whatever reason. I decided to take another break for a yet to be decided length of time-but I’ll manage.
For the first couple of days I had liquor on the brain and questioned my motives endlessly. Why am I torturing myself? Is it even worth it? I didn’t lose any weight last time, what makes it seem that things will be different?
I persisted through those really hard days and here I am on day 7 and feeling better about it. I figured I may as well share some of what I experienced through the process so far…
- Sweating-during sleep I’d go through phases of being comfortable and then covered in sweat. It wasn’t horrible but not the most pleasant.
- Irritability-I was cranky, I wanted a few glasses of wine to unwind and knew that wasn’t an option so…bark bark bark.
- Bloating-even more bloated than when I consumed a bottle of wine.
- Lethargy-I have no energy, feel a little down, and somehow feel the need to watch Grey’s Anatomy from the very beginning.
- Breakouts-my face is starting to look like that of a teenager. I know it’s temporary but I’m definitely not happy about it.
- Sugar cravings-I realize now that the alcohol I was consuming was feeding that craving and now, in the absence of alcohol, I need ALL the carbs. Oatmeal Creme Pies, Nutty Buddy’s, chocolate covered blueberries, breads…Gimme!!
Honestly, I’ll be even happier when I lose the bloat and sugar cravings. I’ve already gained a few pounds from the shitty sugar foods I’ve been eating in just one week.
I hope I still feel it’s worth it next week!